UPDATE 2013/10/27 v1.4.3
Offer products and services that require recurring payments in your WooCommerce Store
Want to sell products and services that require recurring payments? Now you can, withWooCommerce Subscriptions.
Start selling subscriptions
WC Subscriptions makes it easy to create and manage products with recurring payments. Create a subscription product just like any other WooCommerce product, and you’re ready to start selling subscriptions.
With Subscriptions, you can charge recurring payments per day, week, month or year. You can add an optional sign-up fee and duration. Shipping fees, discounts & taxes are all applied to recurring payments.
Subscription management is also synced with the payment gateway. When a subscription is cancelled at PayPal, it will be cancelled with your site. And you can offer your customer’s multiple gateway options – PayPal Standard is supported out-of-the-box, and you can add PayPal Digital Goods or Stripe. All other gateways are compatible with subscriptions when using manual payments.
What can you sell with Subscriptions?
- Products that require shipping, like magazines;
- Downloadable products, like e-zines;
- Virtual products, like memberships;
- Services, like business coaching;
- Sell any other physical, virtual or downloadable product/service you can imagine!
*** WooCommerce Subscriptions Changelog ***
2013.10.22 – version 1.4.3
* Tweak: add a work around to support selling subscriptions with a $0 recurring total via PayPal
* Tweak: more specific PayPal notice about changing Receiver Email on the PayPal settings page
* Tweak: set a subscription’s start date based on the date payment was completed rather than date the order was originally placed
* Tweak: update subscription add to cart template to use a hidden field for the product ID, matching changes in WooCommerce 2.0.15 to work with plugins like Quick View
* Tweak: speed up Manage Subscriptions page load slightly when viewing all subscriptions with no customer/product filters
* Tweak: memory usage improvement by no longer autoloading cron locks
* Tweak: when getting the next payment date, don’t fall back to calculate it when the completed payment count >= subscription length (speeds up My Account page & Manage Subscriptions screen)
* Fix: use new ‘woocommerce_order_needs_payment’ in WC > 2.0.16 to require a payment method be set on orders with a free trial (and therefore, $0 order total)
* Fix: set correct recurring payment method when paying for a previously placed order using
* Fix: display correct recurring payment gateway name in warning dialog on the Edit Order screen when the recurring payment method is different to the original order’s payment method
* Fix: when a user has no subscriptions, link to the store on user’s account page instead of linking to the user’s account page.
* Fix: don’t include trashed subscriptions in subscription count and pagination when viewing “all” subscriptions on the Manage Subscriptions page
* Fix: call correct ‘woocommerce_subscription_completed_payment_count’ filter (was using ‘woocommerce_subscription_failed_payment_count’ hook)
* Fix: set correct first payment date when downgrading a subscription
UPDATE 2013/10/27 version 1.4.3